Friday 22 April 2011

Home made flowers.....and a card!

Last night whilst blog hopping I visited Julie's Inkspot, now if you have not seem this ladies blog you are really missing something special, Julie is one very talented crafter! Pop over and pay her a visit. Julie's latest post is a beautiful card and on it is a hand made rose.......a real beauty! Julie has left a link to find the instructions on how to make the roses, I couldn't resist, I just had to have a go.





Well, my first attempt was not so good, my flower kept 'undoing' and was rather loose. My 14 yr old daughter's was much better than mine!

Here's mine .....












and here's Steph's....

Hmmmmmmm her's is just sooooooooo much better!!!
My next two look a wee bit better but still not as good as Steph's :o(

.......and it did take a rather long time just to make two! However while I was waiting between layers, I played with what should have been the forth layer and added it behind some shop bought flowers. If coloured the right colour, they make great leaves or additional petals don't you think? And that's much quicker...LOL

OK after all that flower play I did make a card too. The Stamp Man challenge this week is to use resist techniques, another new thing for me to try. I stamped this lovely Penny Black flower and heat embossed in white. Then the messy fun began! First on went about 3 colours using fluid chalk pads. A bit of blending with distress inks came next and finally, just for good measure and a bit of sparkle, came a quick spray of purple & silver Cosmic Shimmer Mist. Cut the image out with Nesties Eyelet Squares and layer onto Bazzill card. a bit of ribbon & bow to finish and voila....


Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs

Kaz xx

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kaz - the colours are so cool and stylish. Love your attempts at the roses though it is true that Steph has definitely got the knack!! Hope youa re enjoying the bank holiday weekend :-)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i reckon all of those flowers are brill hun!!!. Such a gorgeous card Kaz. I love the the PB stamp, very nice. That nestie is really nice too!. Have a wonderful Easter hun. Big hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab roses Kaz! Brilliant job from Steph too! that girl has a natural talent!

    your flowers that you did with the combo of the shop bought ones look to me like a proper flower called aquilegia flowers.. Google an image you'll see what I mean! :)

    lovely card too! love the colour, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think all the flowers are fab, your daughter is a natural and I love the way you've used your leftovers to accentuate shop bought flowers, beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I think all the flowers are fab...I think Steph could set up a shop with hers though!
    Beautiful card too...I had a go at the resist technique last night...love the look...so am definitely after some distress inks before all those free P&P offers end! lol
    Happy Easter!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and lovely card. Thanks for sharing and ahve a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
Your comments are much appreciated.
Kaz xx