Sunday 8 November 2009

Well there goes another week! Oh boy they do seem to be passing fast. Have 3 cards to share this week.......not bad for me. Had two crafty friends with birthdays recently and a real toughy for me.......my daughter asked me to make a goth card for her friend......eeek! So needed some inspiration on that one!
Luckily (I think) a friend tipped me off to some discount on orders from Sugar Nellie and in a moment of weakness some fell into my basket and through the checkout before I knew it.......strange how that can happen.
Anyway, they have arrived and one of the stamps was a manga girl who was my only chance at a goth card. Lets face it cute bunnies, hedgies and florals just weren't gonna work!
I used the sketch from this weeks http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ challenge and came up with this......

I do love the image and the sketch, but found the colours really depressing to work with and really tricky to photograph! I have used 3 shades of grey Bazzill and black. Managed to inject just a tiny bit of sparkle with black sparkly embossing powders for the text and a tiny splash of colour on her bow.
Just couldn't resist adding 3 fab silvery Dew Drops too.
Phew.....need some ribbons, flowers & glitter after that, which brings me to my other two cards.
Same image but way different colours. Used a fab sketch from ......ooops sorry I can't remember! But it's a good one. P.S My lovely friend Helen has let me know the sketch is from this weeks
And last but not least.....
A lovely Magnolia image with lace, ribbon, a charm and a flower, much more me.

Right I am off to play with my other new Sugar Nellies. Have a great weekend & thanks for peeking at my blog.
Kaz xx

5 comments:

  1. Fab cards Kaz...I love the goth one!
    Oooh...I think the sketch for the second card is from the Just Christmas & Birthdays Challenge...it ends tomorrow...so you'll need to be quick to link it...
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Kaz. Fantastic cards as always, they are all special in their own way. I just love the images, so cool.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Kaz - amazingly different looks with the same image!! love the goth one - really funky!! Hope you're keeping well hun
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunny these cards are Fantastic! love them all but the manga ones are my favourites just love that cute girl! there is an award for you on my blog too! Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute...your cards are great!you´ve done a great job with my sketch!
    thanks for joining us at JCBC!

    xoxo janina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
Your comments are much appreciated.
Kaz xx