Saturday 31 October 2009

Hi all,
Hope you are enjoying what's left of half term and the weekend. Had half term off :0)
but back to work tomorrow for me .....boo! :0(
Still, soon be Christmas! Eeeeeek....what am I saying!
And on that note......... I have given myself a kick up the .... and got on with a few cards.
Lots of lovely sketches & challenges about, but being slow coach me, I have missed most of the dead lines! Still, I enjoy the inspiration.

Just got this one done in time for a challenge. The http://housemouse-challenge.blogspot.com/
Their challenge this week is "Aperture." After some thought I decided to have a go at my first shaker card 1. cos it needs an aperture, & 2. cos I wanted to make a 'snowy' kind a card.
After a lot of changes to my original plan, a very sticky pair of scissors and snow & glitter all over the place! I finally managed to come up with this....


This card was inspired by sketch #26 over at the Papertake challenge......loved the simplicity.

Image by Pink Gem 'Winter Milly'

My next card used a sketch again, this time from the Just Magnolia challenge........only trouble is I was so focused on the layout I forgot all about a magnolia element.....oooops!

Image by Hero Art 'Winter Kitty'
My final card was made for my daughter's friend, the brief was she likes green & yellow , so here's what I came up with....

Thanks for visiting...
Kaz xx

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Kaz! I love the shaker one...definitely worth the mess! ;0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaz. what beautiful cards, so delicate and I love the colours.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kaz, you have been busy! Fab set of cards - love all the colours and layouts. Must get my own bot into gear this afternoon with the Chrimbo cards ;-)
    Take care
    hugs
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kaz these are totally lovely I to LOVE the shaker one and you really have made all the messing around with sticky scissors worth it!
    you clever bunny you!
    thanks for the Henry's too have added a thank you to my post with the cards :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    Love your cards. I have just entered my first House Mouse Challenge and decided to do a shaker card too, but I always either put too much shaker thingys in or too little!! I put too little in mine! I was rushing as always!

    Take care.

    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have been busy, your cards are amazing I love that little HM card, tooo cute, as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you've been busy. Love your HM card, stunning colours and gorgeous image - the shaker part is fantastic.
    Thanks for playing along with us at HM&F.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
Your comments are much appreciated.
Kaz xx