Saturday 16 July 2011

Fun with ink

Oh boy it was pouring with rain this morning so what better excuse to craft. I have just found out about a local craft shop in Seaford, The Crafty Garden, from an online crafting buddy Crafting For Pleasure and when Hubby suggested we pop over to investigate I didn't need to be asked twice.

What a lovely little shop filled with gorgeous crafting goodies! I took the opportunity to get some more Bazzill card and they had some lovely spotty organza ribbon which fell into my basket along side a couple of distress ink pads. Will definitely be visiting again.
It's the distress inks that I played with this afternoon. I stamped the image (Scribble Snowman) onto paper, cut it out and used it as a mask, then simply dabbed inked around the image. After removing the mask I coloured his scarf & hat with Promarkers and finished off with a dash of Stickles glitter. The text stamp is by Elzybells.

Thanks for visiting & enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs
Kaz xx

P.S Have decided to pop the mask back on and give the whole card a gentle spray of Crafter's Companion Iridescent Spray & Sparkle as I think it is lacking something.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh..this is lovely Kaz - gorgeous shade of blue...bet it looks fab with some sparkle too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaz

    A fantastic card.

    I love this snowman - he was one of my first Christmas stamps when I started crafting and I use him every year!!

    You have made a beautiful card with him here.

    Lucky you going to The Crafty Garden. It is owned by one of my fabulous blog buddies Jackie .. .. she was one of my first followers when I started my blog and we have become good friends.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card - great image and the added sparkle will give it a great glow. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowman - coloured brilliantly. Love youe card. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the snowman and your card is perfect...love the colours.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card. Very cute snowman and I love your background - it looks really effective. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
Your comments are much appreciated.
Kaz xx